Dataswyft Governance Overview
We, Dataswyft, govern key aspects of the platform for the following reasons:
- Data within data accounts are self sovereign data and a “legal asset” in terms of its storage, exchange, and usage because it does not belong to Dataswyft.
- Dataswyft is merely hosting the data servers and server databases that house the decentralized data, owned by the server owner.
- If we handle the data assets incorrectly, we would be liable.
- Rules set by the HAT Community Foundation and Dataswyft aim to protect ourselves and customer applications from being accused of (1) bias in operating the exchange; (2) illegality of accessing data we do not own; (3) not exercising proper stewardship in data usage; (4) taking actions for commercial interests, to the detriment of our stewardship role.
- Dataswyft upholds these stewardship rules as its policies.
- These policies must be transparently, objectively, and uniformly executed under the oversight of the HAT Community Foundation.
We, Dataswyft, do the following:
- Review all applications before they go live in production environments.
- Set up the data contracts between application and server owners for the use of and access to data accounts, or any other data that a server owner requests to be shared.
- Report to the platform committee (where the regulator has an oversight role) when the risks of setting up the contracts and enabling access cross the predetermined thresholds set by the governance regime based on 77 risks and potential harms.
- Represent Dataswyft’s position whenever the platform committee escalates to the HAT Community Foundation Ethics Board due to its inability to make a decision (e.g. if there is disagreement).
- Support Dataswyft sales with consultancy on best forms of architectural and data conduct policies for integrating with data accounts.